Monday, March 28, 2011

Saving or Hoarding?

You hear all the time from people, "we really need to start saving instead of spending so much". Or individuals telling you they wish they new where to start saving or could find the money to start paying off bills. Funny thing is, we save money every month yet I don't call it that. We have a savings account that grows, not fast but it grows. Every year we tend to have more (sometimes only slightly more) then the year before. Yes, we also have a car loan and a small credit card balance, but we save. I don't really call it saving because I am obssessed with it, it's more like a hoarding thing. I stash money away whenever I can find a few dollars here and there. I try never to take it out of our savings account. When I have to I have an anxiety attack, similar to when hoarders are confronted about throwing away (or getting rid of) their stuff. I don't want to let go of it! I find though that this obssession is ok, because its money!

I want to know if I am the only one that has this obsession. Do you feel the same way about money and saving? I wrote a previous post about keeping up with the Jones' and always wanting the newest, coolest best thing out there because your neighbor, friend or acquantance has it. Do you hoard posessions in order to keep up with the Jones' or do you save (hoard) your money? Tell me how you feel and what you think about this obsession! Healthy? Crazy? Your thoughts and opinions are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE

We've moved!! Our blog grew out of this platform and I'm so excited to have you follow us over to our new site! So many new thin...