Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Journey to Become a Modern Simplest

In the past 5 years things have continually changed in our house. I quit my full-time job as a high school math teacher of 5 years and started teaching part-time as a professor at the local community college. After two years of that we as a family decided me being a full-time SAHM would be the best in every one's interest. All of a sudden we went from 2 incomes to 1 full-time income! At the time we had 2 young girls and had been in our new house for only 2 years. I had always been somewhat a frugal person, but never to the extreme that I needed to be. So my journey of these past 3 years has been an interesting and at times very hard one. My family and I have learned a lot about saving, needs vs wants, cutting coupons, shopping sales and hand me down clothes!
I hope this blog will help others who find themselves in my shoes. Still to this day my family and I continue to struggle with our choices, but they are easier battles. I will continue to share our struggles, as well as what works best for us and some of our favorite things. I think all of us somewhere deep inside really want to be simplest in this modern era! Come and join me in this adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE

We've moved!! Our blog grew out of this platform and I'm so excited to have you follow us over to our new site! So many new thin...