Friday, April 22, 2011

My New Favorite Place to Shop AND Save

This morning I went shopping since I wouldn't have time this holiday weekend. I decided to try our grocery shopping at Target. Our Target just got a full fresh grocery section and I thought, what the heck! I printed some Target coupons before I went and took my envelopes full of my regular coupons and headed on out. In addition to our weekly groceries I also needed some shoes for Easter and some more Easter basket fillers.

I have to admit, it was really nice to be able to walk through one store and get everything I needed in one trip out. I was a little overwhelmed walking through the grocery section. I headed to the store on a whim and so I didn't have a shopping list or a sales ad. I was trying to match up store coupons with sales and with coupons I already had, while trying to remember what my husband (he does all the cooking) had written on the list. In the time limit I had to shop, I think I did pretty well. I saved over $50 on everything. I did get a few things that were full price and I didn't have a coupon (which is not like me at all, I guess I was being generous this holiday weekend!).

My trip out this morning was pretty productive. I think I might be switching my stores! I love the atmosphere in Target and how everyone is so friendly. It's clean and very well organized. They have a ton of organic, healthy options that are priced very well. Their coupon policy is amazing! You can use their store coupon along with a manufacturer's coupon. If you have a plan you can get a lot of items free or below a $1! Their website is easy to navigate through and print your store coupons off of. And don't forget (had to add this on Earth Day) you get 15cents off for your reusable bag! I am really liking this place now!

So, my adventure out this morning was a success and it made me (and my husband) very happy in the savings department! Please share your experiences with me, where is your favorite place(s) to shop and how do you save money there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE

We've moved!! Our blog grew out of this platform and I'm so excited to have you follow us over to our new site! So many new thin...