Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sewing

Last year my son was born on Good Friday, so my girls wore their matching dresses and I didn't have to worry about my son matching with them. I can remember though the whole 2 months before my due date stressing about if he decided to come early what he was going to wear. I scoured the internet looking for matching outfits for my 3 kids, then would of been 9, 4 and newborn. It was next to impossible. I remember thinking, I could pay an arm and a leg for someone to make matching outfits, but then why? They wouldn't wear them enough to get the money out of it, and there was a big possibility that little man wouldn't be here.

So instead I went and bought, close to matching, outfits for the 3 kids. I ended up getting their pictures taken a month later in the outfits, but in the end it didn't really matter. So I have told you the story already about why I wanted to learn to sew and this was one of the reasons why. Now I have saved our family a ton of money so far just sewing the girls outfits for our trips and birthday presents for friends. Now I have saved  us close to $80 on Easter outfits!

I made my son a couple of JonJons to wear on our vacation this month, so he already had a bunch made. 2 of them wear great colors for Easter, pastel blue and light green. I took these 2 to the cloth store and found a matching print with the green one. I bought (too much) almost 3 yards of fabric for $16. With that material I made both girls dresses and matching hair clips! The kids looked great on Easter morning and we got so many compliments that day at church I was so happy. It was great!

I have really started to enjoy this sewing thing. The kids like having unique outfits and my oldest has even gotten into designing her own. It's really fun!

**I will post a picture tomorrow of the 3 outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE

We've moved!! Our blog grew out of this platform and I'm so excited to have you follow us over to our new site! So many new thin...